Saturday, May 22, 2010

This Could Take A While...

The wonderful Jimmy, over at Jimmy's Opinion, has graciously bestowed me with the Versatile Blogger Award.  He is one awesome guy and a gentleman, to boot.  I simply adore reading his stories!  If you haven't had the pleasure to meet him, please drop in and say hello. 

Following the rules of this award I have to give you seven tidbits about myself that you may not know.  Pass the award to 15 bloggers.   (I'm doing 8)

1.  I am the worlds biggest procrastinator.
2.  I have a loud voice.
3.  I am extremely sentimental.
4.  If someone writes a touching post, I will cry like a baby.
5.  I obsess about everything.
6.  I dislike riding in the car.
7.  I wish I had the brains and energy I had when I was younger.

Now I would like to pass this award to the following bloggers:

Stupid Girls

It Only Gets Better

Speaking From The Pew

Sophisticated Lunacy

Our Life And Times On PEI

The Musings Of Almybnenr


The Boogie Man Is My Friend

Life By Chocolate



******
Amber Lynn at The Musings of Almybnenr has given me the One Lovely Blog Award.  This young gal can best be described as a VORACIOUS READER!  She's a student, with a thirst for books.  She even put up a follow button on Tumblr, because I asked her... how nice is that?  Thank you, Amber!



Now, for the rules!
  1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
  2. Pass the award to other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.
  3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
And here are the three awesome blogs I’m going to pass the award to:

My Journey My Life

What's The Story Morning Glory


art = long, life = short, success = very far off

******

Dawn, at what's the story morning glory, has given me the Oh My Blog Award.  She's a wife, mom, daughter, sister and student, homesick for Newfoundland!  Stop in and visit her and make her feel at home.  Thank you Dawn!
 






Now to uphold the rules of said award, I must.......

1. Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER!   Whoot!

2. Choose ONE of the following options of accepting the OMB award:
(a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus
.
(b) Write about your most embarrassing moment.
(c) Write a “Soundtrack of your childhood” post.
(d) Make your next blog a ‘vlog’/video blog. Basically, you’re talking to the camera about whatever.
(e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, makeup, etc) and post it.  (anyone that knows anything about me, knows I hate pictures of myself.  In the interest of time, this is the one I'm choosing... here goes!)  Ha!


 

3. Pass this award onto at least 3 (or more) bloggers.  Don’t forget to tell them.

This one is going to:


Choleesas World

Fashion Plate

Bendigo's Rage


Hartwood Roses


******

Momma Fargo at The Boogie Man Is My Friend, has given me the Super Comments Award.  Comments are a huge part of feeling like you are truly interacting in the blogosphere and not just being a wart on a pickle.  I love to comment to the blogs I follow and the fact that some of the busy ones, with a huge following, take the time to acknowledge their comments, is amazing.  When they take to time to drop in, read my drivel and leave me a comment... well, that is super special to me!  Momma Fargo is amazing!  She's a cop, a mom to "Bug", a fantastic blogger whether she's making me laugh with cop antics, or cry with a serious post.  She's great!  Thanks, Fargo!



The rules for this award are to answer the following questions:

1. Why do you blog?  I ask myself this all the time and the best reason I can come up with, is the interaction with some wonderful people.

2. What was your favorite age to be and why?  I'd say my 20's.  I was settled, married, having my kids and still had the energy and brains to keep up.

3. What's your favorite sport to play?  Is blogging a sport?  How 'bout babysitting?  I'm old, and don't play sports.

4. What's your favorite sport to watch, and who's your favorite team?  None!  Used to sit through them with hubby, when it netted me a back rub.  Not so much, anymore.

5. If you could pick your perfect career (and money doesn't matter / the kids are out of the house) what would it be?  If I had the brains and energy, I'd love to be an EMT or a paramedic.
 
6. Do you ever feel guilty for blogging?  All. the. time!

7. What is your favorite holiday?  Any holiday that involves my family and no drama.

8. What's your favorite kind of music?  I don't have favorite, it just depends on the day and the mood.

9. Do you consider yourself a good driver or bad driver?  I'm a very good driver.  I don't do it much, but when I do, I'm great.

10. What's the farthest away place you have visited?  I think maybe Windsor, Canada.


Now I shall pass it on to some of the ones who keep me going...

This Old House 2

Jenny Matlock 

The Chronicles of a Veteran Kindergarten Teacher

Bossy Betty

Our Journey Begins, as The Kings

Jimmy's Opinion

Fourth Grade Nothing



******

Connie at Hartwood Roses and Karen at This Old House 2, have given me the I Love Your Blog award. 

Connie is a "Rose Wizard" and grows the most amazing antique roses.  Her photos are awesome!  She is much more than I can type out, without drooling on the keyboard and I hate when I drool!  Thank you, Connie!

Karen keeps me in the "sinnin' corner" with This Old House 2, because envy is a sin!  I love this gal.  She has stuck with me, through thick and thin.  I can't say enough nice things about her.  She made my rose header, after seeing a rose and thinking about me.  She recently started a new blog site and doesn't have the transformation of the "Old House" from the beginning, nor, all the fantastic photos she has taken of many, many things.  I can't wait for her to post more.  Karen, you are a very special lady to me.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

The rules for this one are to list 10 things I love.

 1.  I love my husband!  He is the kindest human being I know and  loves me, in spite of my faults and weaknesses. (and there are many)
 2.  I love my children! 
 3.  I love my grandchildren!
 4.  I love coffee.
 5.  I love mountains.
 6.  I love the beach.
 7.  I love naps.
 8.  I love an occasional margarita.
 9.  I love sweets, especially chocolate.
10. I love back rubs.

I love all the blogs I follow, but am only going to pass this to one.  Without her advice and encouragement, I would have stopped blogging a long time ago.  She is my very special Blog Whisperer.  This one is for Laura, at The Girl Next Door Grows Up.



******
Last, but certainly not least... I've been crowned and certified a Crazy King, by Ashley at Our Journey Begins, as The Kings and Stupid Girls.  Ashley, I love ya and I'm keeping this one, for myself.  Call me crazy, call me selfish, call me whatever you want.  I consider this a huge honor and it makes me feel kinda special.  THANK YOU, SWEETIE!"  I will post it with pride and a smile. 


The End... Now go forth and multiply!

34 comments:

A.J. said...

Wow, you're loaded! I read the first award and thought, "that's nice," and then realized there was a second. And then a third. You're loved!

Thanks so much for the mention!

Momma Fargo said...

Congrats! You deserve all of them! Love your morning pic! And thank you so much for the award and nice words. I am very honored.

baygirl32 said...

Wow! look at you with all your new hardware! You deserve them all.

Thank you.

Rebekah said...

You really are the BEST commenter! EVER! You are one of the most encouraging people I "know". Thanks for the award, chica! Keep blogging; I'd miss you TERRIBLY if you went away.

Ashley King said...

wow congrats! you were hoarding an awful lot of awards there missy!!!!

you deserve them all!!!! you are wonderful!


thank you thank you for mine!!!! =)

Kristy said...

Holy crap that's a lot of awards. And now I have a new goal: Make Ms. A cry! (by writing a touching post... not by being mean, lol) Congrats!

Tgoette said...

You like me! You really like me! *gushes*

Thank you so much, Ms. A, for the cool award and congrats yourself for recieving all the bloggy kudos one could possibly carry! That really shows that your posts are touching a lot of hearts here in the blogosphere and proves what we all already know, that you are a real treasure. Well done!

Pat Tillett said...

Congratulations and Salutations my friend!
Well deserved! I only know a few of the folks you passed some bling on to. I'll be sure to check the others out!

I've got to catch up on some awarding myself, thanks for the reminder! (not!)

Joe Cap said...

Wow, awards day for sure, congrats!
I am a lot like you...I love coffee, naps, the beach, the mountains...chocolate

Bendigo said...

So I'm going to guess you are starting a stecond blog just for all these dang awards...You have been hoarding them a little I see...CONGRATS!!!!

Thank you for the nod as well :) I look forward to each and every one of your posts ...

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

Thanks so much for your kind words, Ms. A., AND the award! You really are a delight and I love reading your posts and all of your comments. I agree with the comment award and everyone else here, you really ARE the best commenter! Thank you again and have a wonderful weekend! :)

Copyboy said...

Congrats on getting the award! Well deserved! You also chose some worthy bloggers. Especially Ally's.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Did someone say chocolate? Thank you, my friend, for including me as a recipient! I'm honored. I'm also honored to always have you be among the first to leave a sweet supportive comment on my blog. Plus I'm honored to follow all of your sweet, meaningful posts. I hope you have extra storage space for all of the awards!
xoRobyn

Ms. A said...

Aut, You're welcome, and thanks!

Rebekah, Thanks for acknowledging my commenting. I try very hard at it.

Kristy, Thanks and don't try too hard, it doesn't take much.

Robyn, You're welcome and thanks for the kind words and support.

Betty Manousos said...

First, congrats on all of your awards! You deserve all of them and more!
You're awesome and your writing style is inspiring. :)
Second, I do like sentimental people, I'm one of them.
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
B xx

KrippledWarrior said...

WOW! you hit the jackpot. Congratulations.

Ms. A said...

KW, I just hit it again... "YOU STOPPED IN", and that doesn't happen nearly enough! Thanks!

Jimmy said...

Hey Ms A,

Sorry for pulling up the rear here I thought I had already commented, I suppose the sight of all those awards impressed me so much I froze up or something.

Congrats my Dear Friend, you deserve each and every one and many more, I Thank You for passing The Super Comments along to me.

A Mother Always said...

wow..congratulations on all those awards..lots of people like you....
Just passing through.
.. I liked your profile write up.

B M

Michelle Pixie said...

Every single one of those is well deserved!

Your creativity with the picture of you is priceless! And you and I are really so much a like...kindred spirits!

Tracie said...

Congrats on all your awards! I'm a big ole softie, too. Always crying about something.

Hope you have a great week!

Liz Mays said...

Yay for all the awards!!! I'm obsessive too and a worrier and a procrastinator! These are not qualities I'm thrilled to share with you, LOL!!!

One thing I'm happy to share is a love of naps!

Jenny said...

Wow, sounds like a bunch of well-deserved awards to me. Good for you!

And thanks for giving me a shout out, too!

I am honored!

VKT said...

Ms. A,

I can't think of a more deserving blogger to receive all these accolades!! I love your blog and tried to leave a message for you yesterday but blogger wouldn't cooperate...grrrrrrrrr

Ally said...

congrats on all of your awards. you're awesome and we love you and it shows obviously :)

p.s. i cry like a baby at emotional blog posts too!

FourthGradeNothing.com

Suz said...

Thanks so much Ms. A for the great award! You are awesome and I would miss the day you didn't visit our blog. You deserve all your awards, Hollywood look out!!! I've been on the high seas but have surfaced to dry land for a bit. Neil sends a hellooo!! xo

Ms. A said...

Neil & Susan, You're Welcome! I count on my fix from PEI and try hard to imagine what it must be like, to have such an amazing life. Thank YOU!

I Wonder Wye said...

Congrats on the bloggie awards....I'd fight you over the fact that I'm the biggest procrastinator in the world, but i'm also the laziest, so I'll let it go...off to read some of your selections now...

Pat Tillett said...

Hello, my friend!
Haven't you been busy!

Well, I won't make you any busier, I promise.
Tomorrow morning (my time) there will be a bit of original bling waiting for you at my place. NO RULES! you don't have to do anything!
just wear it with pride! Or not! Whatever!

Marlene said...

Holy canoodles, that's a shitload of awards.

You and I would get along famously. I'm hard of hearing and you're loud. You don't watch sports. Ditto.

Windsor, Ontario (Canada)....seriously? Of all places you pick the armpit of Canada. Tsk. (Hey, I'm allowed to say that....I used to live there....though not in Windsor.)

Deborah said...

Thank you Dear Ms A for your gift to me.

;)

This one could be tricky as I have a hard time making decisions.

[smooches]

Anonymous said...

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow did I miss a lot these 2 weeks. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Damn I wish I had opened my computer last week, I would have felt a lot better seeing this.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Marla said...

Holy Cow...that is AWESOME! Go Granny!! Love your answers. I think we are kindred spirits. Poor you!

Help! Mama Remote... said...

Wow!!- have about aaaaaa few to give away. I love getting them but giving them away is hard. I'm full of it. I'm a procrastinator too when it comes to those awards. I wish my brain was like it was when I was young. However that could be like a really really bad thing lol