Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's Been A Year!

Can't believe a year of blogging has come and gone.  It was just around this time last year, that I decided to give it a whirl.  Must admit it was me that got whirled on at least one occasion, but that's just the way the old mop flops.  Sorry, guess I had "mop" on the brain, since I just tried to mop my kitchen.  It's going to take much more than a mop to get the ground in crap up, possibly a jackhammer.  If anyone has a spare maid layin' around, send them my way.  Afraid I'm not very domestic anymore.  When the kids moved out of the house, I retired.  I do good to keep a path cleared from the coffeepot to the potty.  Besides, being a frequent commenter to my blog friends takes time and there isn't much left over to do something that will just need doing again, quicker than you can blink.  I'll stick with the more important stuff, thank you very much.  Thanks to everyone that has made this year special and especially the ones who have become more than just another blog to read. 

Along with the passing blog year, seems another birthday has crept up again for my youngest Son.  I keep telling my kids that their birthdays are making me old, but they just keep having them.  Slow down already!  Wasn't it just yesterday that I was giving birth to my little 9lb-3oz "Special Angel" baby?  Feels like it.  My body hasn't even recovered and here you are turning 31!  When you strike it rich, you can pay for the tummy tuck, mister. (have them suck out a few extra pounds while you're at it)  I'll allow you to coordinate with your siblings on the face lift, boob job and bladder suspension.  The butt lift can wait, I sit on it too often to consider stitches.

All joking aside... kinda... you are just as wonderful at 31, as you have always been.  Thank you for a blessed 31 years, and not one of those years, even in your teens, have you ever been ashamed to tell me you love me, kiss me hello and goodbye and provide the best hugs a mother could ever hope for.  Momma loves you very much!  Papa does too, but this ain't his blog and he doesn't even read it, so I get to say what I want.

Here's hoping your birthday is rain-free, the lasagna is filling (and I can remember how to make it) and the water is not too cold.  Please bring your own towel, Momma hates doing laundry.  


               "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I LOVE YOU!"

               Who could resist that sweet face?



                  Ready to go play on the beach
 

         You and little sister, Halloween at school

                                  "Killer"
                               With Honors 




                          Recent - Photo Booth

30 comments:

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Happy Birthday to your son! Love the photos... Butt stitches, yeah, not into that.

And Happy Anniversary! Keep going...

CiCi said...

Ha. No wonder you have so many trips to the potty, you are always cracking yourself up. I so agree with you about the time consuming cleaning. When the kids are gone, there are other things a mom wants to do, i.e. blogging, reading. Who in their right mind wants to be vacuuming and mopping? For me, throwing clothes in the washer and dryer is about enough work each day. So, seriously, your husband does not read your blog? He's missing some funny stuff.
Hope the lasagna turns out great and you all have a wonderful birthday celebration with your son!! Good looking little boy who turned into a great looking man. I know looks aren't everything, but hey had to tell ya. You all have great genes.

Rebekah said...

Happy Blogaversary, M.A.! I'm so glad you decided to "give it a whirl!"

and Happy Birthday! to your "little" one! ; )

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

Congratulations on the year!! This stuff really is addicting...you shirk chores, I shirk homework, HAHA!

And happy birthday to your son!

Joe Cap said...

Tell him Happy Birthday from us.
He will then go 'huh? From WHO?'

Ashley King said...

awwww Happy 1 year of wonderful blogging and Happy birthday to your baby boy! =) i can't imagine my baby boy turning 31 one day.... he's not even 1 yet. =(

I'm glad he's never been too "cool" to give you love.... that's gotta be a great feeling!!! =)

Bossy Betty said...

I will send my spare maid around when I locate her under the pile of laundry.

Congrats on your one year anniversary!!!

Your son doesn't read your blog? Honey, go for it and write more about him! Make him nervous!

KrippledWarrior said...

May God bless and keep you always. May your wishes all come true. May you always do for others. And let others do for you. May you build a ladder to the stars. And climb on every rung. May you stay...
forever young.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Tracie said...

Happy Blogoversary and Happy Birthday to your son!

DrSoosie said...

Nothing more touching than mother's undying love for her baby boy (they always are...true?) I am so glad you blog. You have exposed me to other writers that are great and you have been so kind to read what I write and even mention me in yours. I love your wit and humor and all the comments you take time to make. Who needs a clean house when you can brighten someone's day with a nice comment. Great going Ms. A and I look forward to getting to know you better and better!!!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

He's very handsome. This was such a sweet post, Ms. A. The fact that he never failed to say "I love you" as a teen..well, that says it all. You're both special!
Congratulations on your blogoversary too!
xoRobyn

Jimmy said...

Very Nice Post Ms A,

Happy Birthday to your Son and Happy Blogging Birthday to you.

I am honored to have you as one of my Blogging Friends and look forward to many more posts for each of us over a long while to come.

I Loved the Pics as much as the post, Thank You for sharing

Bendigo said...

Now that is enough to make any son blush...Great pics and congrats on a year of blogging....Hope the laptop is working out for you now :)

Ms. A said...

TechnoBabe, I NEVER think I'm funny and am amazed when people think I am. I just type it like I would speak it. The potty trips... totally from the coffee. When I find something funny, I usually pee my pants or cough up a lung, or both. (hence the need for a bladder suspension)(and possible a lung transplant) Hubs will read a post, if I threaten him. He doesn't get the whole blogging concept, which is why I love all you bloggers. You all DO get it.

Rebekah, Thank you! It's dizzying at times, trying to keep up, but I enjoy the heck out of it.

KW, I sang it to him, for you. I'm pretty sure he would have preferred your voice. I couldn't carry a tune, in a slop bucket!

baygirl32 said...

Happy Blogoversary!

I can totally relate to the path from the potty to the coffee pot... need that happy juice.

Pat Tillett said...

Ms A - What a thoughtful and fantastic post. The years do come and go, that's for sure. It's nice to have some happy things to remember! Here's to the next year!

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

I have an award for you!!! http://almybnenr.tumblr.com/#606857616

Jimmy said...

Hey Ms A,

I have one for you too at http://jimmysopinion.blogspot.com/2010/05/versatile-blogger.html

Ms. A said...

baygirl32, Thank you. Yes, yes, yes... give me coffee or shoot me. Must have my coffee fix.

Ms. A said...

DeanO, Thanks. I've actually thought about something like that. Drains in the floor, so it could be hosed down. Especially the bathrooms! Like in some of the public bathrooms and kitchens. Then... high pressured water blasting!

Ally said...

Damn you Ms. A, between Ashley King's poem and now this sweet post, I'm totally crying. UGH!

But seriously, I love the photos and your honest heartfelt (as always) words. Happy birthday to your beautiful son. I miss 31, that was a good year. The years do go so fast.

Congrats to you for a year of blogging by the way. Again, time goes by so fast!

Betty Manousos said...

Very Happy belated Birthday to your precious son!!Lovely pictures. Love all of them!
Gongrats for a year of blogging! awesome1
B xx

Liz Mays said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome son and here's to another great year of blogging for you!

Writing Without Periods! said...

I love your blog title. What a wonderful post...very heartfelt. Thank you.
Mary

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome son! Congratulations on a fun year for you!

Hugs and Happiness!

Tgoette said...

What a festive time! Happy Blogversary Ms. A! And many more years of bloggy joy! Happy B-day to your little bundle of grown-up joy too!

VKT said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your sweet son my blogging bud. He is such a handsome guy.

You are an experienced blogger....wow. I didn't realize you write guest posts on blogging buddies' blogs. I want to know when you do that....I will go and read them. I love your blog!!!!! Tell your social secretary to make up a schedule of your guest blog posts.

Momma Fargo said...

Happy Birthday to your son! Neat birthday celebration and love the pics of your son!

Copyboy said...

Happy B&B. Birthday 'n Bloggin anniversary. Your son looks like a cool dude. Oooh did i just say that? Sorry.

Marla said...

Whoa! I missed party time at your house. Dang it! Well, Happy anniversary and happy birthday and many more to both of you!